We know you'll love our clean-burning, true-to-scent, long-lasting, hand-poured soy candles! Follow these recommendations to enjoy maximum candle life:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended; any open flame is dangerous unless monitored by a responsible adult. If you would like to add fragrance to areas that an adult is unable to monitor, consider using our room/linen spray, wax tarts with a fragrance warmer or our reed diffusers.
- Always place your candle on a strong, level, heat-resistant and steady surface, out of reach of children and pets. Avoid burning near flammable materials like curtains or upholstery.
- The first time you light your candle, let it burn until the wax has melted to the edge of the container. This will prevent "tunneling" which will diminish the candle's usable life.
- After each burn, trim wicks to 1/4 inch and reposition the wick to the center. Burn for about 4 hours at a time or less after the initial burn. This keeps your wick at the proper length and at the proper place to prevent excess smoke and will help your candle perform its best.
- Avoid burning candles when there is excess airflow (close to drafts, fans or air conditioner vents) or close to a heat source. Doing so can create excess smoke, uneven burning and can greatly diminish the candle's usable life.
- Be sure to remove any remains of matches, wick remnants or other objects within the wax pool.
If your candle doesn't burn the way you think it should, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make it right. Thank you!